Tuesday, April 19, 2011
CoTweet is on the forefront of the social media revolution, defining the way companies and brands connect with their customers via social networks. Recently acquired by ExactTarget, CoTweet has a proven business model and the resources to maintain our early leadership position in the space and to grow the business as the market expands. We are building a Social Media Lab in the SOMA district of San Francisco and are rapidly growing our team to meet the incredible market opportunity ahead of us.
The Director of Product Management will play a key role in driving CoTweet's product roadmap, feature set, and market success for our solutions. You will be responsible for the product throughout the execution cycle, including: gathering product requirements, defining product vision, creating preliminary design concepts, and working closely with development to implement and iterate.
- Research competing products and trends in on-demand application development market
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify product use cases and drive key enhancements and requirements into the products.
- Participate in release planning process to determine contents of each release
- Participate in a cross-functional feature team chartered with:
- Writing the functional requirements
- Creating prototypes for usability testing
- Working with the development, documentation, and software quality assurance teams through delivery of the feature
- Quickly fix bugs & solve problems
- Work collaboratively with product and corporate marketing teams to develop marketing plans, positioning, core messaging, presentations, demos and sales tools to support the launch of new products and new product features
- Familiarity with the Product Owner role as defined in Scrum and related agile methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience developing solutions to complex and unusual technology challenges
- Lead sales training efforts for new product releases
- Work with industry analysts and product reviewers to articulate the value proposition and differentiators in the offering
- Participate in customer-facing events and user conferences as a product expert
- 2-4+ years experience in product management
- Experience in on-demand and/or marketing applications
- Experience with functional requirements and specifications
- Self-starter, broad thinker, strategic planner, analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active in social media, personally and/or professionally
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- Some travel required (5-10%)