Thursday, January 10, 2013
Congratulations! You've landed your first interview at the company of your dreams. Now what?
Preparing for a phone or onsite interview can be daunting. Receiving an interview request from the ExactTarget recruiting team means there’s interest in your experience and we’d like to learn more about you. An interview is scheduled to evaluate your experience and culture fit for ExactTarget. ExactTarget receives nearly 2,000 online applications each month, so you'll want to make a good impression. The key to a successful interview is preparation.
Here are a few tips from our recruiting team:
- Do your research. Make sure that you have an understanding of what ExactTarget does and know your facts about the company. This information is easily accessible on the ExactTarget company website.
- Demonstrate professionalism. Whether your interview is on the phone or in person, be punctual and limit distractions. If you’ll be conducting your phone interview on your cell phone, be sure to find a private space where your phone has good reception. For an in-person interview, dress appropriately. ExactTarget is a business casual environment where you'll see most employees wearing jeans, but for your interview it's best to go with formal business attire.
- Be yourself. We welcome differences! Our employees' various backgrounds and past experiences help to make up ExactTarget's Orange culture. You should feel at ease when discussing your background and experiences.
- Ask questions. This is your time to find out what you want to know about the company, the position, the culture, and so on. Don’t be shy; come prepared to ask questions.
- Follow up. Feel free to contact the ExactTarget Recruiting Team with any questions you might have before or after your interview.
Now you’re ready! Good luck with your interview. You're one step closer to being Orange!
Exciting careers can be found on the ExactTarget Job Board.
Global Talent Recruiting Partner