Thursday, February 23, 2012
The ExactTarget Nexus team invites you to participate in our #NexusCafe Twitter chat tomorrow and every Thursday from 11am-12pm ET, where we discuss emerging topics and trends from across the interactive marketing world. The virtual coffee chat is hosted directly on Twitter, hosted by @ETNexus. Follow the #NexusCafe hashtag and be sure and add the hashtag to your tweet to participate. The person with the best tweets wins a Starbucks gift card!
This week our #NexusCafe chat will focus on email marketing tips that are often overlooked. Our guest for the chat is Jody Freshwater, account director at MarketNet. Jody has spent many years working with ExactTarget with her client's interactive marketing campaigns. She brings a tactical and strategy perspective to our chat this week. Being Dallas-based, we're also working with her to build a new 3sixty Live user community in her metro area to help users connect to exchange strategies and ideas. If you're interested in joining a user community, check out our 3sixty Live program page.
Here's a preview of the questions we'll be discussing this week:
- What’s a pre-header and why is it important?
- Including a subscriber's name is one basic personalization tactic. What are others to increase personalized content?
- How can users take advantage of everything ESPs have to offer without feeling overwhelmed?
- What are some easy to use tools that are often overlooked in the ExactTarget application?
- What are the benefits of creating a re-engagement program? What are some tips for re-engagement campaigns?
- Should “no reply” be used in the “from” address? Why?
- Does it help to include video in email?
- When reviewing tracking for an email campaign, is open rate the most important number?
What are the best resources (articles, blogs, etc) for email marketing tips?