Monday, June 11, 2012
The ExactTarget team invites you to participate in our #NexusCafe Twitter chat this Thursday and every Thursday from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. EST, where we discuss emerging topics and trends from across the interactive marketing world. The virtual coffee chat is hosted directly on Twitter, hosted by @ETNexus. Follow the #NexusCafe hashtag in your favorite Twitter application and be sure and add the hashtag to your tweet to participate. The person with the best tweets wins a Starbucks gift card!
Our guest this week is Chester Bullock, Interactive Marketing Business Consultant at Ticketmaster. Chester has extensive experience with ExactTarget in his previous roles at AAA and Merkle before joining Ticketmaster earlier this year. He's also a frequent contributor of the #NexusCafe Twitter chat as @coskier and the co-leader for the 3sixty Live Denver user community. We're excited to discuss ways that interactive marketers can empower their subscribers to be more in control of the timing and content of their communications from brands. We look forward to hearing his thoughts on strategy and hearing from you!
Here's the list of questions that we'll discuss during the chat:
- What are some ways you can empower your subscribers? The sky is the limit!
- What your thoughts for encouraging list quality versus list size? How do you sell it to your management team?
- How easy should it be for people to opt-out?
- Do you give people the ability to manage their cadence? Which tools do you use to manage it?
- Do you share samples of emails to show people what to expect before they sign up?
- What are your thoughts on managing expectations for receiving communications?
- Are you incorporating other channels in your preference center besides email such as mobile, direct mail, etc?
- Do you collect feedback in your opt-out such as on-the-spot surveys?