Wednesday, March 7, 2012
The ExactTarget Nexus team invites you to participate in our #NexusCafe Twitter chat this Thursday and every Thursday from 11am-12pm ET, where we discuss emerging topics and trends from across the interactive marketing world. The virtual coffee chat is hosted directly on Twitter, hosted by @ETNexus. Follow the #NexusCafe hashtag and be sure and add the hashtag to your tweet to participate. The person with the best tweets wins a Starbucks gift card!
During our upcoming #NexusCafe chat this week, we will discuss the changes coming to Facebook for interactive marketers. Last week, Facebook hosted their marketing conference, announcing changes to their advertising platform and Brand Pages. We'll explore the new features and how interactive marketers can take advantage of the new functionality.
Here's a round-up of the questions that we'll discuss during the chat:
- Did you check out any of the announcements from the Facebook Marketing Conference last week? What were your impressions and ideas?
- Do you think Facebook users will consume more ads with the new Reach Generator content-based model?
- In general, do you anticipate any impact by users from the increased level of ad content on Brand Pages?
- What do you think of the new Timeline for Brand Pages with cover image and page navigation at the top? How does it affect your current strategy?
- Now users can send Brand Pages private messages. How do you see this new customer service channel playing out?
- Previously, some Brand Pages had "Like-gates" as their default landing app for an engagement call-to-action and email opt-in offer. The new Timeline format, lessens the effect. Do you anticipate email opt-in programs to suffer? How can interactive marketers strategize around these changes?
Are there any interesting tips and resources that you'd like to share with the group about the new Facebook announcements?