Tuesday, February 19, 2013
If there was ever a buzzword in business that defined an era it would have to be “Big Data.” Everywhere you look there’s another article about merging data sets to make more relevant business decisions. To kick off blogging in 2013 I plan to write a few posts about how ExactTarget’s platform helps organizations leverage other technology providers to make more sense of this term. But first, what is Big Data? IBM shares some pretty eye-opening statistics in defining this term:
Every day, we create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data — so much that 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years alone. This data comes from everywhere: sensors used to gather climate information, posts to social media sites, digital pictures and videos, purchase transaction records, and cell phone GPS signals to name a few. This data is big data.
I know from speaking with marketers around the country that organizational strategy is more data-driven than ever. However, merging data sets isn’t easy. Technology providers within the ExactTarget partner ecosystem are helping organizations take one more step in placing their customer at the center of all of their business decisions. Achieving that single view of the customer allows organizations market to them in a more relevant way.
If you’ve spent much time around ExactTarget, you’ve likely seen the chart we affectionately call "The Relevency Curve." (Maybe here, for example!)
Simply put, the more relevant you are to your customer, the better engagement results you'll get from your marketing programs. ExactTarget’s technology partners help you integrate disparate data sets to drive more relevant communications. To put it more simply, our technology partners help you to put your company’s “Big Data” to work.
Common use cases of our integrations include:
- Web Analytics: Capture customer website behavior including products viewed, items placed in a shopping cart, etc., and communicate based on this behavior.
- Ratings and Reviews: Create life-cycle campaigns generating rating and review content to boost new purchases for other customers.
- eCommerce Platforms: Understand purchase history and automate transactional communications while leveraging previous purchases to influence future shopping through recommendations.
- Social Providers: Your customers are broadcasting more about their lives than ever before on social networks – leverage this public data to market to them in a true 1:1 manner.
- CRM Systems: Maintain a common record of all customer interactions with your brand and leverage life-cycle campaigns to increase loyalty.
For more of these use cases, visit the Orange Partner Network site.