Wednesday, September 19, 2012
There is a lot of buzz about the differences between owned, paid and earned media, but what does it mean to you and how can you get your share of the highly-coveted earned media? First, here's a quick refresher on the differences:
Owned Media: Owned Media is media that your brand completely controls. This is your website, Facebook Page, Facebook Tabs, Twitter accounts and even your emails.
Paid Media: Paid media is media that your brand purchases. This includes search, Facebook ads, sponsored stories and even your email campaigns.
Earned Media: Earned media is the best of all, and difficult to get. It is the social amplification that comes from delivering highly relevant and timely content.
ExactTarget can help you:
1. Publish highly relevant content on Facebook (offers/promotions/contets) that your customers can easily share with their network
2. Enable influencers to share your email marketing mesages with a click of a button
3. Understand the impact of your earned media in the context of your other communications
4. Enable users to share from any sharing service such as Digg, Facebook, IM, SMS, Twitter, and more– from inside your email.
5. Track results by unique views and clicks over time – export the results to excel
6. Graph and compare the top shared locations across your subscriber base
7. Determine which content is most popular for sharing – use this information to drive future campaigns
To learn more about how you can get your share of earned media, check out how Powell Books, Carmex, TripAdvisor and Papa Johns are earning media download our free whitepaper!