Tuesday, September 18, 2012
I don't know about you, but I log into Facebook at least five times per day. I use my primary, personal email address to do it. Soon, you'll be able to upload your list of subscribers to Facebook and they'll do a blind match between your list and Facebook profile information. Based on the matched information, you'll be able to target messages to known customers and leads on Facebook.
Lead Nurturing on Steroids
To me, this sounds like lead nurturing on steroids. Social media is about engagement, nurturing and building those relationships that can last a lifetime. Email plays a critical role here, but Facebook is the ultimate tool. Now you can reach out to those who have already downloaded a whitepaper or signed up for a webinar with targeted content on Facebook.
At ExactTarget, we talk incessantly about cross-channel campaign management. This will provide an easy way optimize both channels through coordinated efforts.
Email List Acquisition for Re-Engagement
SocialPages makes it easy to create a contest, promotion or sweepstakes on Facebook to acquire emails for re-engagement campaigns.
It will work like this:
- Upload your opt-in list to Facebook
- Use the matched data to target ads on Facebook
- Create a call-to-action with an email sign up
- Segment that list as "highly engaged" because they responded to an ad and re-engaged by providing their email address
- Target this segment in upcoming campaigns