Wednesday, October 3, 2012
At a press conference in New York City yesterday, David announced that he'll be performing his latest feat of superhuman endurance by standing on pillar for 72 hours straight--without food or sleep--while 1 million volts of current flow through his body. The performance, dubbed ELECTRIFIED, will run this Friday, October 5th through Monday, October 8th. It will also be live-streamed on YouTube, and fans around the globe will control the intensity of the electricity sent through David via a series of seven Tesla coils. Yes, David puts us all to shame in terms of giving his all for his fans.
Connections 2012 will be David's first presentation after ELECTRIFIED, and it will afford attendees a fascinating glimpse into how a soft-spoken "kid from Brooklyn" came to inspire an entire generation of magicians and push the limits of human endurance. If you haven't registered to attend Connections yet, be sure to do so ASAP as we're close to yet another sell-out!
For more about ELECTRIFIED, check out the article links and the trailer below. And come October 5th, be sure to tune-in online for what should prove to be one of David's most memorable--and shocking--performances yet!
- If He Starts Nodding Off, Try Another Million Volts (New York Times)
- David Blaine on ELECTRIFIED: 'I Have a Chance of Surviving' (The Guardian UK)
- David Blaine to Go Electric: A Look Back at His Most Memorable Stunts (EW.com)
- David Blaine's Latest Death Wish: Jolted by a Million Volts of Electricity (Time.com)
- Daredevil to Perform Million Volt Show (Sydney Morning Herald)