Monday, July 9, 2012
I’ve said many times that a company’s Brand Advocates are its Most Effective Marketers. But until you actually understand the influence brand advocates have on the purchase decisions of others, you cannot fully appreciate their value.
The other thing that is becoming crystal-clear is this: Email is the toolBrand Advocates use most for recommending products and services to others.
Last week, Zuberance, social media marketing company focused on Brand Advocates, published an eye-opening INFOGRAPHIC that shows just how important Brand Advocates are in creating awareness of a brand’s products and services. For example, did you know that . . .
· 18% of Brand Advocates have more than 500 people in their social networks
· 30% recommend a brand’s products or services weekly
· 67% recommend both Business and Consumer products
But for me, two statistics stand out:
· 61% of people consider buying the product or service recommended by a Brand Advocate
· 57% of Brand Advocates prefer Email for sharing recommendations (#1 among all media)
Permission-Based Email: There is No Substitute!
The recent 2012 Channel Preference Survey confirmed why permission-based Email is an absolute necessity for driving sales:
· 77% of U.S. Internet users prefer Email for permission-based promotional messages
· 66% have made a purchase as a result of a marketing message received by Email.
At a time when marketers are under continued pressure to accelerate sales and improve marketing ROI, I think it’s time we realized that there is simply no substitute for Email. And one of the smartest investments a marketer can make is to build a quality list of email subscribers.
When marketers make a fundamental commitment to serving email subscribers by delivering information, invitations, and offers that are personal, relevant and timely, they are rewarded by their Brand Advocates who willingly share that content and their recommendation with others.