Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Each Thursday at 11 a.m. EDT, marketers from around the world join the ExactTarget user community on Twitter for a conversation about trends and campaign ideas across the interactive marketing industry. We call the virtual coffee chat the Nexus Café.
When are the times that you discover you need some inspiration? How do you know?
- @omgitsonlyalex When patterns are appearing in your work, mix it up and keep it fresh
- @erikaroe When I feel stuck on a plateau, I know I need some inspiration. There's always plenty in the email community!
@coskier When I can't think of what to test, or I see the calendar so full I don't feel I have time to think.
Do you have any surprising sources of marketing inspiration to share?
- @Candicelyn I love blogs, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter for inspiration from friends and professionals
- @coskier Sadly, there are more examples of what NOT to do. But I do get ideas from the #OnlyInfluencers list. And the @RetailEmailBlog provides a nice summary of what some companies are trying. It's a good place to start.
- @isimma I walk through our concourse on game/event nights to get inspired by our fans and better market our offers to them
- @amandaberkey Sounds cheesy, but I'm always inspired by our @ExactTargetclients and partners when we chat at user community meetings. Fun!
- @kkestler I get a lot of inspiration from @jaybaer and everyone who contributes to Convince & Convert.