Thursday, January 5, 2012
You’re busy, I’m busy, everyone is unbelievably busy these days. And that’s why NOBODY has time to sift through an email packed full of 5-10 news articles written straight into the message. However, you probably DO have an interested list of folks who want to hear from you. Want to increase engagement and performance right away?
Here are a few steps you can take using ExactTarget Landing Pages to improve design and content and increase open and click-through rates, highlighted by Barbara Ryan and Church Pension Group (CPG):
1. Scale back the content in each news article, so the email itself contains only headlines and short introductions to the articles themselves. Don’t bog down the email with too much text or you’ll lose your readers’ interest (who knows, maybe the only thing they’re interested in is at the very bottom!)
2. Create Landing Pages in minutes using the same creative elements as your email (which will also keep your subscribers oriented). Use one Landing Page per news article, and have your eNewsletter headlines link out to the full content on the web.
3. Now that you’ve made your eNewsletter exponentially more digestible, your subscribers can more easily scan the headlines to find what’s interesting to them – and click through to find out more. These click-through rates give you all the insight you need to know what your subscribers REALLY want.
As Barbara Ryan of CPG would say, “Subscribers aren’t going to read lengthy articles. ExactTarget Landing Pages help us break up information into smaller pieces so the readers can absorb the content better.” CPG has been able to find great success in this strategy, including:
· 24% open rate (8% higher than all other CPG communications which DO NOT use landing pages)
· 19% click through rate
· Insight into which articles subscribers actually read by way of individual link click through rates & landing page impressions
· Improved deliverability / sender reputation by way of increased open & click-through rates
Check out the full use case to learn more, or get in contact with an ExactTarget Sales Representative to find out how to get started with Landing Page Marketing today!