Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Pointpal is an Australian and Singapore-based smartphone loyalty solution that helps consumers move from physical loyalty and stamp cards, to digital reward cards and memberships on their phone. Merchants can engage with Pointpal to build up communities of loyal consumers, offering tangible rewards for their loyalty, and engage with them in a true 360° fashion. For Pointpal, email marketing and automated email programs are a big part of their success. Pointpal recognised early on that relevancy is a critical component of success. They engaged ExactTarget for a way to send and track personalised communications with highly-targeted offers to users.
- Welcome: the moment a consumer downloads the app, they are opted into Pointpal's communication program. The program is personalised to fit the consumer's level of engagement and interests, based on the types of loyalty cards they're subscribed to, as well as demographics.
- eNewsletter: Pointpal sends a weekly eNewsletter with highly-targeted content, recommending offers based on the individual customer's preferences.
- Alerts: The customer receives email alerts when certain offers are about to expire, offers have been extended or special rewards are available.
- Lifecycle Campaigns: Pointpal merchants develop lifecycle campaigns that incldue tracking of purchases, push notifications, and more to encourage consumers through the sales cycle.
- Pointpal doubled merchant databases by featuring specific retailers in targeted emails.
- Personalised emails are driving over 20% open rates now, and increasing as better targeting data is available.
- Using ExactTarget for subject line and content A/B testing has seen increases of as much as 70% in in-store purchases tracked by Pointpal.
In just under 8 weeks, one of the world’s largest Quick Service Restaurants and brands has seen over 14,500 transactions and purchase stamps recorded on the Pointpal platform. This was the largest launch of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region, and required significant training and enablement of front-line staff, preparation of point of sale materials, and back-end system scaling and readiness.
This impressive loyalty program launch has seen just under 300 transactions/stamps registered per day, and critically from a loyalty perspective 55% of these customers return within 5 days. The percentage of returning customers over a 2 week period who are registered for the loyalty card is even higher at 87%.
These compelling stats show the power of a well-crafted mobile loyalty solution which drives return visits, increased transactions, and a deeper engagement with top customers.
Download the case study here and learn more about how Pointpal is engaging with relevant email marketing and personalisation.