Tuesday, September 18, 2012
It is extremly important to invest time in digital marketing. Time can be defined before, after, or during a campaign or marketing push. You should be spending time before and after a campaign measuring and defining what success looks like. This means you are evaluting the six phases of the customer life cycle.
- Awareness - I am aware of your product.
- Evaluation - I use Google Search and my network to evaluate your product.
- Purchase - I sign up for your email and purchase through an email promotion.
- Usage -I use your product and write a review on Twitter.
- Repurchase - Because of a great customer experience I repurchase your product.
- Advocacy - I love the product so much I advocate on behalf of the brand (think Apple).
It can be said that every customer walks through this process. This entire process from traditional marketing to employee interaction is about business getting and business keeping. It is up to you, the marketer, to build a strategy that successfully uses the important consumer channels used for product research and purchasing.
The following presentation was built to help and define that process.