Wednesday, June 30, 2010
My inaugural blog post is a follow-up of Katie Lindahl's recent post highlighting some quotes from ExactTarget's summer interns. I have only been working at ET for five weeks now, but I wanted to expand upon of few of the things that make ExactTarget THE place to start/enhance your career. Here are my top five highlights thus far:
5. Downtown Indy- ET Headquarters is right in the heart of Indianapolis, with Monument Circle always buzzing with different activities almost every day. With lots of restaurants to choose from, I couldn’t imagine a better setting for a positive, exciting work environment.
4. Face time with the CEO- ExactTarget founder Scott Dorsey took time out of his busy schedule to meet with all of the new hires, as he does with every group coming in. We got to pick his brain about founding the company and how he envisions it moving forward. It was exciting to see an executive that cares so much about engaging his employees and being completely transparent in his view of the company's future.
3. Resume-worthy projects- Interns at ET are trusted with multiple heavy projects that can have substantial impact on the company’s bottom line. If you like getting coffee for people or making copies all day, you might want to look elsewhere in your job search.
2. Working for the fastest growing tech company in the country- Things here at ET are always changing, and the fast-paced work environment keeps employees from getting in the mindset of thinking “This is the way we have always done it.” With everyone so focused keeping the subscribers happy and doing whatever it takes to make that happen, it’s hard for growth not to follow.
1. Experiencing ORANGE- It is really hard to define the culture here in a few sentences, but I have never been around such a large group of people who are so passionate about what they do that it is absolutely contagious. It is one thing to preach about a fun and exciting culture to new employees, but it’s another thing to live it out and then some. I wholeheartedly enjoy coming to work here every day, and after only a few weeks, I am already thinking long-term. I am in love.